Coupling Maxwell Eddy Current Heat Loss to Fluent for Natural Convection
• This workshop guides how heat loss data can be transferred from Maxwell to Fluent with
• The example uses an eddy current solver of Maxwell to calculate heat losses which are then
applied to Fluent to simulate Natural Convection
• The workshop also guides users through basic Fluent setup.
• This workshop is NOT intended to show how natural convection is simulated in Fluent but rather
gives basic information about Fluent setup. For more details of Fluent simulation, please refer
Fluent Users Guide
Coupling Maxwell to Fluent for a Transient Simulation
• This workshop is intended to show how loss data from a Maxwell transient solution can be transferred to Fluent steady state solver for temperature calculation
• The example used is a Prius motor. The motor is simulated in Maxwell 2D for electromagnetic losses and the thermal simulation is performed inside Fluent 3D
• The Ohmic losses in the magnets and core losses in the stator and rotor are transferred from Maxwell 2D to a 3D mesh in Fluent for temperature calculation
• Losses applied in Fluent are time averaged values
• This workshop shows only steps related to transferring losses from Maxwell to Fluent and does not contain details about Maxwell or Fluent. Please refer to Fluent Users’ Guide for information on
Hidden content: ******, you can view after buying!
You need login first!
If you have any questions, please feel free to EMail me: firstname.lastname@example.org